The NRA joined with President Donald Trump in endorsing Col. Paul Cook in California’s 8th Congressional District. In a statement to its members, the NRA was unequivocal in their support for Cook:
Dear California NRA Member:
They’re coming for your freedom! George Soros, Michael Bloomberg, and the anti-gun elite see a real opportunity to elect Nancy Pelosi the Speaker of the House and Chuck Schumer the Senate Majority Leader. Together they will implement their radical gun control agenda. We can’t let that happen!
Please vote Paul Cook for U.S. House of Representatives in California’s 8th Congressional District on or before Tuesday, November 6th. Vote-by-mail ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received by your county elections office no later than 3 days after Election Day. You may also bring your vote-by-mail ballot to any polling place in your county between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on November 6th. For more information regarding in-person voting, polling locations and ballot drop off locations, please call 800-345-8683 or click here.
The NRA Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) has endorsed Paul Cook for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 8th Congressional District of California. Paul has a proven pro-Second Amendment record and is committed to protecting our right to self-defense!
For the following reasons, Paul Cook has received our endorsement and “A” rating:
- Supports Right-to-Carry – Voted for the strongest Concealed Carry Reciprocity legislation ever to come before the U.S. Congress, which would ensure that the nearly 20 million law-abiding Americans who can carry a concealed firearm in their home state are able to do so in any other state that does not prohibit it.
- Supports Protecting America’s Communities – Voted to strengthen school security, reform our broken mental health system and make sure the background check system is instant, accurate and fair.
- Supports America’s Hunting Heritage – Voted for the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreation Enhancement (SHARE) Act, a bill that would benefit sportsmen throughout California and the country.
- Supports Veterans’ Second Amendment Rights – Voted for legislation to protect veterans’ Second Amendment rights.
- Opposes Backdoor Gun Ban – Voted to strike down an Obama-era regulation that would have stripped Social Security recipients of their Second Amendment rights without due process.
- Opposes Semi-Auto Ban – Opposes Senator Dianne Feinstein’s failed semi-auto ban that would ban commonly owned semi-automatic firearms used for hunting, recreational shooting and self-defense.
- Opposes Criminalizing Private Firearm Transfers – Opposes the Schumer/Pelosi/Bloomberg “universal” background check system that would criminalize the private transfer of firearms which, according to the Obama Justice Department, is only enforceable through federal firearms registration.
- Opposes Government Blacklists – Opposes legislation denying persons on secret government lists their Second Amendment right to purchase or own a firearm without due process.
Please vote Paul Cook for U.S. House of Representatives on or before Tuesday, November 6th, and please encourage your friends and family to do the same!